Friday, August 7, 2009

The right pair of flats...

"I want to wear really pretty flats in my wedding since I know I'm going to take them off as soon as I get in the reception, and don’t want to ruin my dress...but I can't find any that are as beautiful as a pair of heels! help!"

Sarah: wow. that’s a good question.

Megan: THAT'S YOUR QUESTION!!! LIAR!


Brittany: You’re a hooker. A dirty lying hooker.


Megan: You just want us to do your dirty work!


Sarah: um, yeah. So...we're not gonna answer it? A bride needs help here and that our job


Brittany: i would go with either a white or a pale metallic that goes with the theme. Most weddings either go with silver or gold so a soft metal would be really nice. Since your dress is more vintage-modern I would go with something that has a little embellishment at the toe of it, like a cluster of rhinestones


Sarah: yes!! that's exactly what i want! I just can’t find any!


Megan: What does vintage-modern mean?

Brittany: Well...um...look! I love these ankle strapped flats from Zappos. They're adorable. Adding splashes of color in unexpected places is very in right now...and while it is becoming a little less unexpected to wear colored shoes under your dress, it doesn't make it any less fun.

Megan: I love these box toe ballet flats from Urban Outfitters. They're sexy and interesting but won't steal the show from your dress.



Sarah: I found these, also on Zappos. They have a beautiful embellishment on the toe. The color and the material are perfect complements to my fall wedding.

The best thing about Zappos, if you don't know...and you really should know...is that they have free shipping both ways and a 365 day return policy. I'm racking up all the shoes I'm interested in and having them sent to my house. Then I'll try each pair on with my wedding dress and mail back the ones I don't want, and I won't loose a dime on shipping! Perfect!

1 comment:

  1. Ok I have a question for you guys. How do you get over the pre-wedding jitters? I am getting married in EXACTLY 2 months (I can't believe I only have 2 months left!) and I am already nervous! I am so nervous to get up in front of everyone because I am pretty reserved. I want to enjoy the wedding day and not be caught up in being anxious (and I tend to get sick to my stomach when I am very nervous) but don't know what to do! What do you guys think?

    ReplyDelete