Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Performance anxiety

How do you get over the pre-wedding jitters? I am getting married in EXACTLY 2 months (I can't believe I only have 2 months left!) and I am already nervous! I am so nervous to get up in front of everyone because I am pretty reserved. I want to enjoy the wedding day and not be caught up in being anxious (and I tend to get sick to my stomach when I am very nervous) but don't know what to do! What do you guys think? -Becs

Brittany: i mean first thing you want to make sure they're the right kind of jitters. If you think of your wedding and get mildly stressed/anxious/giddy that's okay, but if you think about your wedding and you get depressed, um, this may not be the blog for you.

Sarah: Yeah, I’m pretty sure that not the kind of nervous she was talking about.

Megan: Ha! I hadn’t even though of it as being that kind of nervous!

Sarah: So, I would try to take out as many anxiety ridden moments of the day as possible. For instance, delegate lots of stuff to people you trust. Make detailed to do lists and hand them out to people that you have delegated things to. Don't worry about being a bitch, you're not being a bitch, you're just being in charge and de-stressing.

Megan: Get a massage and facial to calm down and center yourself.

Sarah: What about not waiting until you’re walking down the aisle to see your hubby for the first time?

Brittany: like a blind wedding?

Sarah: What?

Megan: What?

Brittany: What?

Sarah: um. The hell. Listen, you can set up a special place to have your beau see you for the first time once you're all beautiful and wedding dressed. You can even have the photographer take pictures of the reveal...that way it's still a special moment, but it’s a private one.

Megan: And one less thing to be nervous about.

Sarah: Exactly.

Brittany: oooohhh. Ok. Got it. I've seen where they exchange handwritten letters right before

Megan: Thats cute

Sarah: I like that. You should probably do that even if you don’t have the jitters!

Megan: Practice your vows with your husband; you've got 2 months to perfect them.

Sarah: That is probably the best advice. Practice! Rehearse!! And maybe take some anti-nausea medicine?

Brittany: I mean everyone gets jitters, just keep in mind that your wedding day is about 2 people: you and your future husband. Forget what everyone else thinks, stop worrying that your caterer will get something wrong, and stop worrying if your flower girl is going to pee herself midway down the aisle

Megan: Hey at least everyone will remember your wedding!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your help guys! I am really excited to marry my fiance and I have to keep reminding myself that it is about me and him. Not everyone else. I think that once I see him standing at the end of the aisle, I won't even care about all the people watching me.

    ReplyDelete